Re: Determining whether gnunet is connected

From: Fungilife can be eternal
Subject: Re: Determining whether gnunet is connected
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2022 11:20:24 +0000

> On 27/02/2022 14:47, madmurphy wrote:
>
> > Hi Bob,
> > These might be worth reading:
> >
> > -   GNUnet handbook https://docs.gnunet.org/handbook/gnunet.html,
>
> This is more confusing than helpful. I'll paste an abridged rant from IRC:

I second this motion, but what can we do to help?
I have "tried" to follow this project for many years, and I am still amazed
why so many people know so little about it.

I believe good documentation for such software begins at an elementary
introduction.
The introduction should VERY clearly explain, why, how, who is doing it.
Within this introduction or a stage two, the author should not assume an all
knowing networking expert whose parents first words were tcp-ip commands.
Things as basic as "who the hell are those peers", who are not?
I don't know any of you, are you my peers, do I have any, are any users of
gnunet my peers ... on and on before we can comprehend configurations of sql db.

The lack of documentation has sentenced this project to oblivion, and even
people who may be interest give up too soon to think of it as something of any
potential value.

And it is very much a shame that this static condition has lasted as long as it
has.

!!  If, after all those years, I really understood how and why, I would have
written the documentation myself and proposed it.  But I am nowhere close to
such level, and I am getting too old to think of the distant future.  I don't
live too far from WW3 ground zero either, so who knows.  Would I be able to
watch RT tomorrow without her Kommandant Vonderlying sentencing me to the gas
chambers?