Re: Determining whether gnunet is connected

From: awds
Subject: Re: Determining whether gnunet is connected
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2022 09:31:39 -0600

Since GNUnet is currently an academic exercise, it should be removed
from main distribution repositories. For example: Anyone thinking to
try GNUnet on Debian-based machines would look in Synaptic and install
GNUnet v0.10.1. Presumably that build-version worked when it was first
included in the repositories, but now GNUnet is at v0.16.0 which is not
backward compatible.

The low version number should warn users away, but GNUnet in the
repositories is misleading given its low level of development.