Re: Building applications without AGPL restriction

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: Building applications without AGPL restriction
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2022 09:00:26 +0200

Hi Marty,

The AGPL requires you to make the source code available, and we will not
allow linking of non-free code against GNUnet or the development of
SaaSS that would be in violation of the Affero GPL.

The goal of the GNU(net) project is to give users control over their
computing and data on the Internet. That is not something you can
achieve with proprietary software, and we will certainly not condone or
even support the development of proprietary software by using pushover
licenses [1].

Happy hacking!

Christian

[1] https://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-compatibility.html