Re: [newbie] Recursive GNUmakefile

From: Andy Ruder
Subject: Re: [newbie] Recursive GNUmakefile
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 14:40:44 -0600

On Mon, Nov 11, 2002 at 08:40:03PM +0100, Sébastien_Pierre wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to compile an application I wrote on OSX under GNUstep. I
> encounter problems with the makefile system as my sources are organised
> in subfolders, as following:
>
> - Sources/
>       main.m
>       Core/
>               blah.m
>       Utilities/
>               foo.m

First of all, make a GNUmakefile.postamble with the following lines:

before-all::
        $(MKDIRS) $(GNUSTEP_OBJ_DIR)/Core
        $(MKDIRS) $(GNUSTEP_OBJ_DIR)/Utilities

Then, in your GNUmakefile:

include $(GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES)/common.make

APP_NAME = MyApp
MyApp_OBJC_FILES = main.m Core/blah.m Utilities/foo.m

include $(GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES)/application.make
-include GNUmakefile.postamble

Also, you may need to modify MyApp_INCLUDE_DIRS depending on how you
include files out of those directories.  I usually do something like

MyApp_INCLUDE_DIRS = -I.

and then in my program:

#import "Utilities/foo.h"

Hope that helps.