Re: Use "sel_getUid" for undeclared selector

From: David Ayers
Subject: Re: Use "sel_getUid" for undeclared selector
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2005 14:46:57 +0100

David Ayers wrote:

Sébastien Pierre wrote:

Hi all !

I would like to know if it is possible to do a "sel_getUid" that returns a non-NULL SEL for a selector that is not declared in the code ?

BTW, this question is related to previous mails (<http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-gnustep/2005-02/msg00014.html> and <http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-gnustep/2005-02/ msg00013.html>).

I haven't had time to look at the runtime closely, but as your findings show, I'd also assume that the current GNU libobjc functions only retrieve references to selectors compiled into the executables.

I stand corrected :-)

Cheers,
David