Re: printf: doens't print on WinXP installation

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: printf: doens't print on WinXP installation
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 17:10:04 +0100

On 22 Oct 2009, at 00:52, jacksk58 wrote:

I am running into the same problem as Alex Bilyk. -- "printf: doens't print
on WinXP installation", when compiled by GNUmakefile. It works, when
compliled, without the makefile. I like compliling by GNUmakefiles. Can someone tell me why, printf("hello, world") doesn't work when complied by
GNUmakefiles. I'm only curious about the problem with Printf.

Thanks

Alex Bilyk wrote:

Hi,

Just installed GNUstep on Win XP. Doing the simplest of things with a main function that has printf("hello, world"); in it. Everything compiles and runs, except there is no output to the console. I can step through code in
dgb and it goes over this line fine. A bit of a puzzle. Tried to use
NSLog(@"..."); version - same result. App is built and run successfully, but with no printout to the console. Any ideas? BTW, stepping in gdb over the NSLog version has some issues that the printf version doesn't have, but that's a separate topic. I'm really after the printout at the moment,
as you might imagine:)

Thanks,

I think it might help to have the code and the makefile to see if anyone can reproduce this ... printf works fine for me.