Re: printf: doens't print on WinXP installation

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: printf: doens't print on WinXP installation
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 08:44:34 -0600

Oh, yes - you are trying to compile this as an Application. In that case, GNUstep adds some special flags to keep Windows from trying to output stuff to a command window. If you really want to see the output of printf, you'll have to compile it as a tool:

TOOL_NAME=HelloWorld
include $(GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES)/tool.make

or you could use NSLog (but that goes to the Windows system log unless you are using gdb).