help-libidn

Re: Fix Win64 oddity in libidn 1.38 stringprep

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Re: Fix Win64 oddity in libidn 1.38 stringprep
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2023 15:49:41 +0200

Francesco Pretto <ceztko@gmail.com> writes:

> On Sun, 20 Feb 2022 at 08:34, Simon Josefsson <simon@josefsson.org> wrote:
>>
>> Francesco Pretto <ceztko@gmail.com> writes:
>> Thanks.  What error message do you get, or how did you notice this?
>
> I noticed trying to call stringprep this way:
>
> int rc = stringprep_profile(password.data(), &password_sasl,
> "SASLprep", STRINGPREP_NO_UNASSIGNED);
>
>  Any string resulted in being treated as empty string.

Hi.  I'm coming back to this, but I'm still unable to reproduce it.  Can
you (or someone) help me to reproduce the bug in simple steps, without a
Windows-platform?  I tried MinGW64 and it works:

jas@kaka:~/src$ tar xfa release/libidn-1.41.tar.gz
jas@kaka:~/src$ cd libidn-1.41/
jas@kaka:~/src/libidn-1.41$ ./configure --host=x86_64-w64-mingw32
jas@kaka:~/src/libidn-1.41$ make
jas@kaka:~/src/libidn-1.41$ cat>foo.c
#include <stringprep.h>
#include <stdio.h>

void main (void)
{
  char *p;
  int rc;

  rc = stringprep_profile("foo", &p,
                          "SASLprep", STRINGPREP_NO_UNASSIGNED);
  printf ("rc %d str %s\n", rc, p);
}
jas@kaka:~/src/libidn-1.41$ x86_64-w64-mingw32-gcc -o foo.exe foo.c -Ilib/
lib/.libs/libidn.a
jas@kaka:~/src/libidn-1.41$ wine64 ./foo.exe
rc 0 str foo
jas@kaka:~/src/libidn-1.41$ file foo.exe
foo.exe: PE32+ executable (console) x86-64, for MS Windows
jas@kaka:~/src/libidn-1.41$

/Simon