help-libidn

Re: Fix Win64 oddity in libidn 1.38 stringprep

From: Tim Rühsen
Subject: Re: Fix Win64 oddity in libidn 1.38 stringprep
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2023 19:51:30 +0200

On 10.04.23 16:18, Francesco Pretto wrote:
On Mon, Apr 10, 2023, 15:49 Simon Josefsson <simon@josefsson.org <mailto:simon@josefsson.org>> wrote:

     > On Sun, 20 Feb 2022 at 08:34, Simon

    Hi.  I'm coming back to this, but I'm still unable to reproduce it.  Can
    you (or someone) help me to reproduce the bug in simple steps, without a
    Windows-platform?  I tried MinGW64 and it works:

You possibly need a VisualStudio build to reproduce this. Since the fact there's a bug is very evident, you shouldn't trust if it works in other compilers. I remember the reproduction case was just running stringprep against a simple string. I am away from my dev setup right now, I can't supply more info right now, sorry.

Regards,
Francesco

This Dockerfile seems to allow cross-compilation on Linux using MSVC:
https://github.com/mstorsjo/msvc-wine

Didn't try myself, but may be worth a look.

Regards, Tim