help-liquidwar6

Re: [Help-liquidwar6] Custom controller

From: Christian Mauduit
Subject: Re: [Help-liquidwar6] Custom controller
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 16:31:59 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

On Wed, December 9, 2009 11:36 pm, Andy Armstrong wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I want to make use of the "Custom" player control method.
>
> Basically I want to have something i can call for a third player, so :
>
> player 1 = mouse
>
> player 2 = custom
>
> player 3 = bot
>
> Player 2 I want the cursor to  be controlled by me passing a function 2
> values, one for x and one for y which i get from an external source.
>
> Is this possible - and any tips on how to do this!
mmm, complex question. I guess I must look a little bit in the code to
find out what's currently implemented and what's only pure formal
interface, with no code behind. Basically, the idea of custom control is
to have a dedicated chunk of Guile code that tells if virtual
"up/down/left/..." keys are pressed or not. What this code does is up to
you, there's still a need to actually feed Guile with the right values (if
the controller is something specific not callable through Guile you're
stuck) but at least that's the "trap" I've planned to handle weird input
devices.

Have a nice day,

Christian.

--