Re: how to define a set of targets for a recursive structure?

From: Noel Yap
Subject: Re: how to define a set of targets for a recursive structure?
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 08:54:47 -0500

"Robert P. J. Day" wrote:
> i have one concern with the above (at least, if i read it correctly).
> this looks like the technique used in the 2.4 kernel top-level makefile,
> which has the line:
>
>   include arch/$(ARCH)/Makefile    # ARCH=ppc for example

Oh, BTW, if you're working with existing open source software, I would really
think through the consequences of switching over.  You may want to bounce the
idea off of others working on the project.  There's lots of things that open
source software
development does that can be optimized if not for the portability requirements.

Noel
--
NOTICE: If received in error, please destroy and notify sender.  Sender does
not waive confidentiality or privilege, and use is prohibited.