Re: how to define a set of targets for a recursive structure?

From: Noel Yap
Subject: Re: how to define a set of targets for a recursive structure?
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 10:14:16 -0500

Martin d'Anjou wrote:

> On Tue, 16 Dec 2003, Noel Yap wrote:
>
> > This sounds about right for a recursive make structure.
> >
> > Alternatively, you can go for a non-recursive make (I call it a
> > recursive makefile) structure.  See
> > http://aegis.sourceforge.net/auug97.pdf.
>
> After browsing the headers of this paper, I have determined that I will
> read it very carefully. If you guys know of other papers or books that
> deal with make at the same level as that paper, please share!

Unfortunately, this is the only paper I've seen that deals with this issue.  I
plan on writing a followup to the paper, but I fear that's still months away.

Noel
--
NOTICE: If received in error, please destroy and notify sender.  Sender does
not waive confidentiality or privilege, and use is prohibited.