RE: how to do recursive "subsystem" make properly?

From: Mark Galeck (CW)
Subject: RE: how to do recursive "subsystem" make properly?
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 14:16:41 -0800

Oh excellent Paul thank you very much!  I don't want to use the product of the
submake as a target, because as explained in my first message, I think this
would necessitate including all the targets on which that one depends,
essentially all of the sub-makefile.  But all the other suggestions I really
like, especially the sentinel.  Thank you so much!

(and with the question I had asked a few days ago, that of interrupting make
not working, to which there were no replys, I assume this means "that is the
way it is, make does the best possible effort to remove the target".  So my
workaround, was when building the targets, to use a temporary name, and then as
the last operation, rename it to the correct target name.  )

Mark