help-octave

Re: data import via USB interface

From: Sergei Steshenko
Subject: Re: data import via USB interface
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2024 15:01:46 +0200

On 28/02/2024 12:58, Kathrin Kerschberger wrote:
Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing to you to ask for help with a problem. I would like to import data (digital signal) via an USB interface.

I installed and loaded the instrument-control package (version 0.9.2). My OS is windows. If I try to use the function "usbtmc" I get the following error: "error: usbtmc: Your system doesn't support the USBTMC interface" Are there any support packages I can install additionally to solve this problem? Or is there any other possibility to import data in Octave via an USB interface?

Please let me know, if you need more specific information about my problem.

I am looking forward to hearing from you. I am grateful for any help!

Yours sincerely,
Kathrin Kerschberger

We are transitioning to a web based forum
for community help discussions at
https://octave.discourse.group/c/help

Quick web search yields https://github.com/python-ivi/python-usbtmc . So, probably, you need to have Python and PyUSB Python package installed. Also, look for details under "Windows setup".

Admittedly I didn't look into the Octave package source code, i.e. I am not sure it uses the above mentioned Python stuff.

--Sergei.