help-octave

Re: data import via USB interface

From: John Donoghue
Subject: Re: data import via USB interface
Date: Thu, 29 Feb 2024 07:52:09 -0500

On Thu, Feb 29, 2024 at 7:10 AM Andreas Weber <octave@josoansi.de> wrote:
Am 29.02.24 um 12:50 schrieb John Donoghue:
>   Per the wiki for instrument-control [1], the usbtmc interface is not
> available in windows. You can also run 'instrhwinfo' from octave to see
> which interfaces have been built..

I saw that but because it says "Windows(native)" and not MXE and because
usbtmc.oct actually IS distributed with the installer I thought this
info is outdated. But I don't have a windoze installation to hand to
test it myself.

-- Andy

the octave file is built for all modules, just it returns the unimplemented error is the functionality isnt available.

There was a discussion years ago now where it was decided it was better to do that than just not have the module.

instrhwinfo is the easiest way to see what functionality is available - as its set at configure time.