[Help-smalltalk] .st file naming

From: Jan Vrany
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] .st file naming
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2015 12:07:20 +0100

Hi,

while playing with GST, I found bit difficult to navigate
through code. For example, source code for class Exception
is in file kernel/ExcHandling.st. So I have to grep all the time.

I wonder why is it so? Wouldn't it be better to have one file
per class name, like in Java? Similar scheme is used in Smalltalk/X
and works just fine.
Also this would make tool implementation a lot easier - for instance
I'd like to be able to commit changes right from the browser.

Best, Jan