[Help-smalltalk] Correct way to throw exceptions/errors from C to ST

From: Roland Plüss
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] Correct way to throw exceptions/errors from C to ST
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 2015 02:50:01 +0200

Another something that I could not really figure out using the
documentations. Let's say you have a CCallOut from ST to C. Inside this
C function something goes wrong, for example an invalid argument passed.
How do you properly raise an exception back to Smalltalk? I tried doing
something like this:

gst_eval_code( "SystemExceptions.InvalidArgument new signal" );

But this causes the VM to call abort since an exception happened outside
the bytecode. I assume you need to be more clever in this case. So what
is the correct way to throw these kinds of exceptions from inside a C
function?

--
Yours sincerely
Plüss Roland

Leader and Head Programmer
- Game: Epsylon ( http://www.indiedb.com/games/epsylon )
- Game Engine: Drag[en]gine ( http://www.indiedb.com/engines/dragengine
, http://dragengine.rptd.ch/wiki )
- Normal Map Generator: DENormGen ( http://epsylon.rptd.ch/denormgen.php )
- As well as various Blender export scripts und game tools