Re: Newbie question: texi2pdf complains about \n

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Newbie question: texi2pdf complains about \n
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 20:13:03 +0200

> From: Akim Demaille <address@hidden>
> Date: 26 Oct 2000 16:58:35 +0200
>
> In trying to write a BNF I introduced a macro for tokens, and meant to
> use it for braces.  I had to define two representations of braces for
> this macro, one for TeX and the other for makeinfo.  And none is ``the
> right one'' (@{).

Could you please also tell what you would *want* to work, ideally?  Is
it "@address@hidden"?

You see, I don't understand why did you need to use @macro, unless
this is because you couldn't find a single form that works in all
output formats.  The problem is, @macro is implemented differently in
TeX and makeinfo, and so has different limitations.  So part of the
problem in your example is that you use @macro in the first place...

In general, the bets way to get a single version to work both in TeX
and in makeinfo is to expand macros with "makeinfo -E", then feed the
expanded Texinfo source to TeX/texi2dvi.