Re: (fwd) tetex-extra: texi2pdf: clicking bookmarks lands past spot want

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: (fwd) tetex-extra: texi2pdf: clicking bookmarks lands past spot wanted
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2003 14:41:13 -0400

Hello Hilmar,

    There is a bug sitting in the Debian Bug Tracking system now for 4
    years

I've never seen it before.  Please forward all Texinfo-related bug to
address@hidden  (Sending them to Thomas and the teTeX maintainers
just introduces another step where they can get lost.)

    and it still seems to be reproducible.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to reproduce it.  I created info-stnd.pdf
from the doc/info-stnd.texi document in the Texinfo distribution, and
clicked on all the bookmarks (both chapters and sections), and they all
took me to the right place, as far as I could tell.  I was testing with
acrobat since I couldn't get either xpdf or gv to show me the bookmarks
(can you tell me how to enable this?).

So, please send me the Texinfo document in question and the bookmark
being clicked on, and I can look further.

Also, if you're still using the texinfo.tex from teTeX 1.0 or whatever,
there have been a lot of fixes in this area since then.  You can get the
latest from ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/texinfo.tex (among a zillion other
places, the current version is 2003-07-28.08), if need be.

Thanks,
karl