Re: [help-texinfo] Changing background color of the 'verbatim' environme

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] Changing background color of the 'verbatim' environment
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 00:23:31 +0200

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 10:01:34PM +0000, Karl Berry wrote:
> Hi Patrice,
>
>     Is it difficult, or infeasible?  If it is only difficult, I think that
>
> Breaking @cartouche over pages is TeXnically possible.  So is supporting
> background colors for @example / @verbatim.  It's just that I personally
> am never going to work on either one -- way too much effort for way too
> little return.  Of course, I'd happily accept clean patches for them.

I don't think supporting background colors is that important, in my
opinion it is the kind of customization that is not the focus of
texinfo.tex.  However, being able to break @cartouche over pages seems
to me to possibly improve the output.

>     it could be nice to add that to the TODO, even if it is not at all
>     a priority.
>
> I suggest creating bug reports on Savannah for them instead of adding
> them to TODO.  In general, my experience is that almost no one (besides
> us) looks at TODO, whereas random nice people who want to help are much
> more likely to find a bug report on the web.

We aren't currently doing this consistently for the TODO entries...
Should we?

--
Pat