Math for html output not in manual

From: henri-biard
Subject: Math for html output not in manual
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2021 00:40:32 +0200 (CEST)

>From: Patrice Dumas <pertusus@free.fr>
>To: henri-biard@francemel.fr
>Subject: Re: Math for html output not in manual
>Date: 22/06/2021 00:19:01 Europe/Paris
>Cc: help-texinfo@gnu.org

>Hello,

>>On Mon, Jun 21, 2021 at 08:37:48PM +0200, henri-biard@francemel.fr wrote:
 >> I went through the manual but have not found any information about how to output
 >> mathematical expressions for html output.

>It should be in the next release, which is due soon, with the
>customization variable HTML_MATH.

I could review the manual before the next release.

>> An additional problem is the lack of information in the manual about making
>> global tex commands (\def) that one can use in other tex blocks for output in html.

>I have not tested, but my guess is that with MathJax, only local
>definitions are taken into account. With latex2html my guess is that
>\def is not ok. With tex4ht it should work, but only in @tex blocks,
>not in @math and @displaymath which go to different files than @tex
>blocks before going through tex4ht.

I seem to remember that Gavin had a solution for that, but is very difficult
to dig that information from the mailing list archive.

>If you have an example, I could test with the development version.

What kind of examples would you require?

>It would be relatively easy to fix the tex4ht case, though, by putting
>every command in one file. The release is too near to do that kind of
>changes now, but I could make that change after the release.

You know best when to do the changes.  Could get the development version
once you are happy with the change after the release.

Would that work for you?

--
Pat