hydra-users

Re: continuous builds and portability testing with Hydra

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: continuous builds and portability testing with Hydra
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 19:16:44 +0200

On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 11:56:23PM +0000, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Hello GNU hackers,
>
> The Hydra continuous build tool running at TU Delft's build farm (with
> thanks much to their administrators for the support) has been building
> some GNU packages for several months now:
>   http://hydra.nixos.org/project/gnu
>
> "Continuous building" allows programming errors to be spotted soon after
> they are introduced in a software project and can aid portability
> testing.  As a side effect it also continuously publishes source
> tarballs and binaries.
>
> If you're interested in having your GNU package included in Hydra, the
> GNU development resources web page contains the instructions and other
> information:
>   http://www.gnu.org/software/devel.html
>
> Any GNU hackers using Hydra now and in the future are invited to
> subscribe to address@hidden, where relevant technical issues will
> be discussed:
>
> Happy hacking (and building)!

Would GNU FreeDink, a game engine mainly based on SDL and its add-on
libraries, qualify for these build?  I'm not sure how many
dependencies Nix already provides.

It's otherwise written in C and uses gnulib.

(Incidentally searching for info on 'Nix' returns mostly results for
"*nix systems" :/)

--
Sylvain