hydra-users

Re: Emacs builds failing to pull changes

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Emacs builds failing to pull changes
Date: Sat, 25 May 2013 15:20:10 -0400

Eelco Dolstra wrote (on Sat, 25 May 2013 at 14:23 -0400):

> It's an indirect dependency. The Emacs build depends on GnuTLS,
> which in turn depends on Guile. Since these are both optional
> dependencies (AFAIK), we could disable the Guile dependency on
> platforms where it doesn't build.

Thanks, that makes sense, but I was confused by looking at

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/hydra-recipes.git/tree/emacs/release.nix

which (IIUC) has guile as an explicit dependency on every platform.
gnutls on the other hand is in the "Optional dependencies that fail to
build on non-GNU platforms" section. Given that gnutls is there, does
guile even need to be listed at all? Won't gnutls just pull in
whatever it needs? Sounds like guile should at least be moved to the
"optional" section.