hydra-users

Re: Emacs builds failing to pull changes

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Emacs builds failing to pull changes
Date: Sun, 26 May 2013 22:16:02 +0200

Glenn Morris <address@hidden> skribis:

> Thanks, it's getting closer to building on those platforms. :)
>
> The x86_64-darwin build now fails due to an Emacs bug.

Good that it found an actual bug.  ;-)

> The i686-cygwin build fails due to a dependency, GNU make.
> I'd expect make to be a dependency of virtually every package.
> Does this mean that nothing builds on i686-cygwin?

Unfortunately the build log of GNU make isn’t available.  Eelco, do you
know what’s going on there?  Perhaps it failed to build due to a
transient failure?

> The i686-freebsd build fails to configure:
>
>     No X toolkit could be found.
>     If you are sure you want Emacs compiled without an X toolkit, pass
>     --with-x-toolkit=no
>     to configure.  Otherwise, install the development libraries for the
>     toolkit that you want to use (e.g. Gtk+) and re-run configure.
>
> Is it possible to add a stanza similar to the Darwin one:
>
>     # Fallback for Darwin.
>     ++ (stdenv.lib.optional stdenv.isDarwin xlibs.libXaw);
>
> for FreeBSD as well?

Done in ac2f402.

I’ve added you to the hydra-recipes project on Savannah.  So when you
feel confident about changing such things, feel free to commit directly;
in other cases, you’re always welcome to ask for feedback here.

Thanks,
Ludo’.