hyperbole-users

Re: Maybe better description required for Org mode

From: Robert Weiner
Subject: Re: Maybe better description required for Org mode
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2020 00:19:23 -0400

Please upgrade to 7.1.3 and then report on this again.

On Tue, Sep 29, 2020 at 2:12 AM Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> wrote:
I am researching this text:

> ** Org Mode

> For users of Emacs Org mode, Hyperbole does quite a few things.

> First, the Action Key follows internal links in Org mode files.  When
> pressed on a link referent/target, the link definition is displayed,
> allowing two-way navigation between definitions and targets.

> Second, the Action Key follows Org mode external links.  The Assist Key
> displays help when pressed on an Org mode link.

So then I went to Org file and tried opening it, it has elisp: type of
a link, but it did not open. Maybe M-RET is not to follow such links,
I do not know.

Not sure if we support that type of link yet.  A specific link example would help.

What is meant with "Org mode external link", is it meant the Org file,
external Org file? Or any Org mode link?

An Org link to anywhere outside of the Org file itself, not necessarily another Org file.

I found that Assist key on Org links does not work in Org mode.

You are correct because for maximum Org compatibility M-RET is bound to org-meta-return in Org mode and Hyperbole simply adds a hook to that to activate its buttons.
Instead you must use {C-h A} to see what the Action Key would do and {C-u C-h A} for the Assist Key.  You'll also have to bind your own different key to 'hkey-either if you want direct access to the Action/Assist keys.

Bob