hyperbole-users

Re: Maybe better description required for Org mode

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Maybe better description required for Org mode
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2020 12:45:27 +0300

* Robert Weiner <rsw@gnu.org> [2020-09-30 07:20]:
> > I found that Assist key on Org links does not work in Org mode.
> >

> You are correct because for maximum Org compatibility M-RET is bound to
> org-meta-return in Org mode and Hyperbole simply adds a hook to that to
> activate its buttons.
> Instead you must use {C-h A} to see what the Action Key would do and {C-u
> C-h A} for the Assist Key.  You'll also have to bind your own different key
> to 'hkey-either if you want direct access to the Action/Assist keys.

Help me if I am missing something for Org links.

I have tried it on YouTube video link inside of Org file, so {C-h A}
did not open the link, it has opened a new split buffer and have shown
this description below:

A press of the Action Key
WHEN  (hbut:at-p)
CALLS (hui:hbut-act) WHICH WILL:

  Execute action for optional Hyperbole button symbol BUT in current buffer.
  The default is the current button.

org-mode BUTTON SPECIFICS:

Follow Org mode references, cycles outline visibility and executes code blocks.

First, this follows internal links in Org mode files.  When pressed on a
link referent/target, the link definition is displayed, allowing two-way
navigation between definitions and targets.

Second, this follows Org mode external links.

Third, within a radio target definition, this jumps to the first
occurrence of an associated radio target.

Fourth, when point is on an outline heading in Org mode, this
cycles the view of the subtree at point.

Fifth, with point on the first line of a code block definition, this
executes the code block via the Org mode standard binding of {C-c C-c},
(org-ctrl-c-ctrl-c).

In any other context besides the end of a line, the Action Key invokes the
Org mode standard binding of {M-RET}, (org-meta-return).

To disable ALL Hyperbole support within Org major and minor modes, set the
custom option ‘inhibit-hsys-org’ to t.  Then in Org modes, this will
simply invoke ‘org-meta-return’.  Org links in non-
   lbl-key:         "[[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bC6NUV8c5uw]]";
   lbl-start:       56793
   lbl-end:         56840
   categ:           ibtypes::org-mode
   loc:             "/home/data1/protected/Documents/Org/my-file.org"
   actype:          org-link