ifile-discuss

Re: [Ifile-discuss] Improving classification of spams

From: Booker Bense
Subject: Re: [Ifile-discuss] Improving classification of spams
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 09:15:46 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 13 Jan 2003, Clemens Fischer wrote:

> Booker Bense <address@hidden>:
>
> > - Also, I throw away the .idata file and reindex things every
> > couple of weeks. Not sure if this has any effect or not.
>
> i think this doesn't do much good.  how dod you get the feeling that
> doing this is useful?

- Well, I mostly do it because I recently started a new job
and keep changing the way I organize my email. However, the
more I think about it, the more useful I think it is. Email
lists tend to focus on specific topics and then drop them
after a while, they are very "bursty" data. What you really want
to capture is the statistics of the current content of the email
list, not it's past.

- It might be very interesting to track this kind of data through
time and build some underlying model of what you expect an email
list "spectra[1]" to look like.

- Booker C. Bense

[1]- I'm sure that's the wrong word to describe what I mean, but
I've been hanging around a lot of physicists lately.