iiwusynth-devel

[iiwusynth-devel] Swami CVS update

From: Josh Green
Subject: [iiwusynth-devel] Swami CVS update
Date: 17 Jul 2002 15:36:48 -0600

Just did a CVS commit of some of the recent things I've been working on.
The coolest thing is the GenGraph object which allows one to set
generators via graphs (currently just envelopes). You can get access to
it by clicking the button on the toolbar with no icon (haven't made one
yet), select what envelope you want to edit (multiple selection
allowed). Only works right now for instrument zones, NOT presets (in
fact I'm not even sure what would happen if one tried a preset zone).
Of note is that the gtk-canvas library is included in the Swami source,
this may become optional in the future when optional Gnome support is
added.

Lots of other changes, including: plugins are now in effect, a FLAC
based SoundFont compressor plugin (only compressor works right now and
isn't enabled yet, 128MB Fluid.sf2 -> 65MB Fluid.sf2.flac, also requires
zlib) its a new FREE SoundFont compression standard! :), libInstPatch
now uses glib, some additions to libInstPatch lowlevel chunk routines to
allow setting of I/O callback routines (FLAC plugin uses this to write
SoundFont info to memory), other stuff.

I would appreciate testing and feedback, since much has changed. Cheers!
        Josh Green