iiwusynth-devel

Re: [iiwusynth-devel] iiwusynth problem since 0.0.3

From: Peter Hanappe
Subject: Re: [iiwusynth-devel] iiwusynth problem since 0.0.3
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 02:06:07 +0200

Hi Kasper,

Do you still have the problem?

Strangely enough the application should write another, more informative
error message when something goes wrong where it does. Would you mind if
I send you a hacked version of iiwusynth simply to force the error
printing? It's rather unclear to me what's wrong.

Cheers,
Peter

Kasper Souren wrote:
Hi,

I'm having a problem with iiwusynth. Version 0.0.3 is working fine, but from version 0.0.4 onwards iiwusynth gives me the message "Failed to create the
synthesizer" and iiwuplay doesn't do anything. It's the same for 0.0.4,
0.0.5, 0.0.6 and 0.2.

I'm running Debian unstable, kernel 2.4.18, OSS output. (There is an ALSA
driver for my soundchip, but it crashes all the time.) The iiwusynth debian
package is version 0.0.3, and functional, just like the version I compiled
myself.

I don't know what I can do in order to get it working. Is there a way to get
a more verbose output?

greetz,
Kasper

P.S. I thought I sent this message before, but I didn't see it reappear in my mail... So I send it again.