iiwusynth-devel

Re: [iiwusynth-devel] free soundfont editors on Mac and Windows ?

From: Josh Green
Subject: Re: [iiwusynth-devel] free soundfont editors on Mac and Windows ?
Date: 12 Aug 2002 14:54:44 -0600

On Thu, 2002-08-08 at 04:19, Antoine Schmitt wrote:

> Hello,
> development on the iiwuXtra for Director is on its way.
> For testing purposes, I'd like to create my own soundfont bank.
>
> Any hint on a Soundfont editor on Macintosh or Windows that would be
> free ? I'll buy one for sure some time (any hint about that is
> welcome too), but for now I'd like to do some simple tests.
>
> Thanks!
>
>       Antoine

Swami will run on windows, although not quite packaged and ready yet for
release. I would like to do this soon, its just lacking iiwusynth
support (whats the status of that iiwusynth Win32 lib, Peter?) It would
probably also be somewhat trivial to get Swami running on Mac OS-X, but
I doubt it will ever run on regular Mac OS, since GTK+ will not work on
that platform.
Anyways, not quite ready yet, but will be soon. Cheers.
        Josh Green