iiwusynth-devel

Re: [iiwusynth-devel] License Alsa audio driver

From: Peter Hanappe
Subject: Re: [iiwusynth-devel] License Alsa audio driver
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 15:03:06 +0100

Tim Goetze wrote:
Peter Hanappe wrote:

Davis' ALSA driver. I wrote Paul Davis twice asking him if it's okay
to release it under the LGPL instead of GPL. So far he hasn't
answered me. In his tutorial on using the ALSA API, he write:

just a stupid question, have you tried <address@hidden>?
i remember him saying that he doesnt fetch mail from his @op.net
address regularly any more.

I did. I send the same mail to both addresses.

en tout cas, i have some tested skeleton C code derived from my C++
for memory-mapped alsa PCM that i can offer as a base for a LGPL
driver.

I started using the pcm.c example that comes with Alsa lib. The example
seems to be in public domain, so there shouldn't be any license
concerns. I use the memory mapped IO functions so the driver should
have less overhead than the previous one.

Thanks,

tim