koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] FAQ

From: Nicholas Stephen Rosasco
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] FAQ
Date: Mon Oct 29 12:59:02 2001

> > I have a collection of small libraries at my institution interested in
> > using Koha, but they all want to know if there is some form for easy entry
> > of data -- they all would be using volunteer labor to manually key in a
> > fair amount of their collection information (probably from old style card
> > catalogs) and really would like as-simple-as-possible forms for that.  I
> > see the order/receive forms, but don't see (forgive my missing it if it is
> > there, I've not played with the acquire setup in a loooong time) a form to
> > manually create items.

On this note, esp. if we still have z39.50 importing still "under
construction", would it be possible to build some sort of form for
entering info on existing books (rather than going through the
purchase/acquire process).  The small-libraries people are rather
concerned at the concept of having to face teaching people how to
by-hand-enter into the DB via mysql the cataloging data.... a web form for
this would be exceedingly useful for them (and shouldn't be too hard to
add, I would hope).  I may have missed such a form if Koha has one since
the link to acquisition wasn't behaving itself last time I visited.

If the z39.50 thing is working, that would be ideal, but it needs to be
configurable (as to which z39.50 server you use) :)

Thanks again,
NSR