koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Getting rid of z3950 daemons

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Getting rid of z3950 daemons
Date: Mon Sep 29 02:15:04 2003

Thanks for the explanation, Paul.

On 2003-09-29 08:32:40 +0100 paul POULAIN <address@hidden> wrote:
What steps are needed to get rid of it?
imho, it's mandatory, as z3950 may be very slow, so we need to have asynchronous requests.

How slow?  Slower than the normal apache maximum runtime?

Is it possible to run one per server instead of one per koha installation?
The daemon use koha.conf file to find DB, user & password. I don't know how to change this behaviour & have more than 1 .conf file.

Is there an obvious reason not to use sockets and give the daemon its own database config?

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ address@hidden