koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] fedora core installation and missing stuff

From: paul POULAIN
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] fedora core installation and missing stuff
Date: Fri Feb 6 06:24:37 2004

Benedykt P. Barszcz wrote:

Hi Group,

Hiu Benedikt,

I've just installed Koha-2.0.0RC3 and I am impressed...
Fedora Core missed all the modules required by Koha but they could easily be added via rpms available at sourceforge and from www.indexdata.dk/yaz. The only thingy that I needed to add from cpan.org was the perl-HTML::Tree module which is requred by the translator script v.2.0. It was available there in version 3.18 or so.

And I don't think this module should be tested by Koha installer, as it's a 100% developer need.

Now a question: could anyone give me a hint how to launch tmpl_process PROPERLY so I get a USEABLE (sutable for translation) file: opac.pl_PL? Usable meaning without all the fuss of type: bgcolor="#ffffcc"> *****.

I think i'm the only person how could.
And i' can't. They are generated byt HTML::Tree that see <!-- TMPL_something --> like a comment and is sometimes confused. The solution is to modify the english template when you find the one that created the problem.
For example, in checkbox :
<input type="checkbox" <TMPL_IF name="button">checked</TMPL_IF> class="somethingelse"> confuses a LOT HTML::Tree. and generates a "class="somethingelse">" entry in the translation file.

Replace by :
<TMPL_IF name="button">
<input type="checkbox" checked>
<TMPL_ELSE
<input type="checkbox">
</TMPL_IF>

and the line disappear.

I am confused about --exlude, LIMITED, and IGNORE flags.

i'm on irc if you want some help now.

It should be obvious that such an extraction of strings from the english version is all the same for every other language...

You're right.
feel free to use opac.fr & intranet.fr as a starter. they both have the needed LIMITED; and IGNORE flags.

NB : I've just commited many modifs in english intranet templates (to solve some problems with translators) Update your local copy.

--
Paul POULAIN