koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Dewey character

From: Chris Cormack
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Dewey character
Date: Thu Aug 12 12:24:28 2004

On Thu, Aug 12, 2004 at 06:06:11AM -0400, Stephen Hedges said:
> On Thu, 12 Aug 2004, ICINZ wrote:
> > we are following the DDC scheme for classification,i set the following
> > MARC tags for classification no, but the Classification No. is not exactly
> > display in the results of MARC search .It skip the zeros for ex. if the
> > no. is 004.22 it shows only 4.22.
>
> I think we really should change the dewey column to character data instead
> of number data.  (The other wrong thing that happens right now is the
> extra zeros at the end -- 004.22 shows as 4.220000.)  Would this cause
> problems for HLT?  I know there would have to be some script clean-up,
> too.

Yes it should be changed.
In fact im pretty sure I did it for UNIDO, but as 2.0 was frozen at the time
I didnt commit the changes.
A change the schema, and I think only 2 subroutines. Ill go look

Chris

027 4500 789                                       Katipo Communications Ltd
address@hidden                                          www.katipo.co.nz