koha-devel

[Koha-devel] Dewey character

From: Stephen Hedges
Subject: [Koha-devel] Dewey character
Date: Thu Aug 12 03:08:02 2004

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004, ICINZ wrote:
> we are following the DDC scheme for classification,i set the following
> MARC tags for classification no, but the Classification No. is not exactly
> display in the results of MARC search .It skip the zeros for ex. if the
> no. is 004.22 it shows only 4.22.

I think we really should change the dewey column to character data instead
of number data.  (The other wrong thing that happens right now is the
extra zeros at the end -- 004.22 shows as 4.220000.)  Would this cause
problems for HLT?  I know there would have to be some script clean-up,
too.

--
Stephen Hedges
Skemotah Solutions, USA