koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Translation

From: Paul POULAIN
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Translation
Date: Wed Jun 1 02:35:45 2005

MJ Ray a écrit :
Corey Burger <address@hidden> wrote:

There are two well known web translation tools:
Pootle by translate.org.za

http://pootle.wordforge.org/ is slow to me. We might want
to download the code and set up our own edition anyway. If
we're doing that, why Pootle not Kartouche? Look at both.

I give a try to pootle on my computer. Some pro & some cons when compared to kartouche.

The main pro being, imho, that it has recent version where kartouche is old & seems unmaintained. I did some hack on kartouche to add features, send a mail to the project leader, but got no answer.

Another pro for pootle : seems to be happy with any char encoding where kartouche is 1 only (unicode by default, i changed it to iso8859-1 for french translation)

A big pro for kartouche (according to me) : it's written in PHP, that I know, while pootle is in python that i don't know at all

Note also i have some problems with kartouche :
* when importing > exporting .po files, I sometimes get differences between original version & imported > exported one
* it seems kartouche don't handle fuzzy

Let's continue investigating.
--
Paul POULAIN