koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Translation

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Translation
Date: Wed Jun 1 02:15:24 2005

Corey Burger <address@hidden> wrote:
> There are two well known web translation tools:
> Pootle by translate.org.za

http://pootle.wordforge.org/ is slow to me. We might want
to download the code and set up our own edition anyway. If
we're doing that, why Pootle not Kartouche? Look at both.

> Rosetta by Canonical (funders of Ubuntu)

This is faster, although I'm still nervous about having it
on a server unconnected with koha.

> Thus I would say, rather than setting up your own web portal, make use
> of these existing ones.

Kartouche exists, is well-known and we know it can do the
job "for real", as was shown by translating much of KDE into
Welsh in 100 days (K mewn gant). I also know the maintainer
and have worked with him before. If the koha project wants,
I will support the code and ask to become an upstream developer.

Equally, if people want to work with Pootle or Rosetta or
something else, I'd like to see that be accommodated.

--
MJ Ray (slef), K. Lynn, England, email see http://mjr.towers.org.uk/
http://www.ttllp.co.uk/koha/