koha-devel

[Koha-devel] Translation into Vietnamese

From: Le Thuy Duong
Subject: [Koha-devel] Translation into Vietnamese
Date: Thu Oct 13 02:01:25 2005

Dear Developers,

I am a Vietnamese student who is currently doing Master of Library and Information Studies at School of Information Management, Victoria University of Wellington. I am also Webmaster of Vietnamese Information and Library Portal ( http://www.thuvientre.com), in Vietnamese, which is devoted to the professional development of Vietnamese librarianship.

I am particularly interested in open source softwares for libraries. I also have good background in Web development, Web programming (PHP and MySQL).  I have a plan to initiate and encourage Vietnamese libraries to apply these types of software into their operation because they are suitable for libraries in developing countries.

I came to know Koha nearly one year ago. I have tried its demo and found that it is suitable for many Vietnamese public libraries who cannot afford comercial softwares. Therefore, I would like to translate Koha into Vietnamese so that the libraries and their users can benifit from your great effort.

Look forward to cooperation with Koha's development team.

With my best regards,

--
Le Thuy Duong
Founder and Webmaster