koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Help writing or customizing plugins

From: Paul POULAIN
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Help writing or customizing plugins
Date: Wed Oct 26 02:24:57 2005

Andres Tarallo a écrit :
Thanks Paul and the others who made suggestions.

Right now I have a small plugin that lets me load an author from the
previously loaded ones, this is workin g in 100a and 700a.

mmm... could be very interesting...

This speeds up the cataloging, among enhacing the quality of the
catalog. If my librarians give me green light I hope to make a
similar one with publishers and institucional authors (110a and 710a).

My hope is to program something that is generic enough to be contributed
back to the main project. when it's good enought i will sen it to you to
be loaded at the CVS

A problem that we found with Ernesto is that most of our developments
are very specific to the needs of Universidad ORT.
Maybe, but with the plugin system that's not a problem (at least for MARC editor). in cvs, you have :
* unimarc specific plugins
* marc21 specific plugins
* a plugin required by one of our libraries
and you could add your plugins
(maybe we should document a little them ...)
--
Paul POULAIN