koha-devel

[Koha-devel] what does everyone use to indent/beautify their TMPL files?

From: Mason James
Subject: [Koha-devel] what does everyone use to indent/beautify their TMPL files?
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 14:04:41 +1300

hiya Everyone,

ive been thinking (for a while) about a way to standardize the way we format/indent
 *.tmpl files in koha

because...
some of the *.tmpl files i create look awful, and they are just too complex for me to work out a consistant way of formatting them.

ive been playing a little with 'tidy' recently (http://tidy.sourceforge.net/) and ive got 'tidy' to parse and indent a tmpl file without too much moaning,
using a config .rc file like this...

$ cat .tidyrc
new-blocklevel-tags: tmpl_loop tmpl_if tmpl_else tmpl_unless
new-inline-tags: tmpl_var tmpl_include
indent: auto
indent-spaces: 1
vertical-space: n
wrap: 0

then, run tidy like so...

$ tidy -c .tidyrc test.tmpl

--

so, the question is......

- what tools does everyone use for their own *.tmpl indenting/formatting/beautifying?
- are there better ones than 'tidy'?
- is it a good idea for us to find a tool that formats our tmpl files in a standard way?

any ideas folks?

cheers, Mason.

--
Mason James