koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] The future of the prog templates

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] The future of the prog templates
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 23:57:56 +0000

Owen Leonard <address@hidden> wrote:
> The issue is important to me because I believe that in order to provide the
> right amount of flexibility and detail for good design and usability the
> templates would have to be expanded: additional markup would have to be
> added to create the possiblity of one, two, and three-column designs, for
> instance. Divs would be added for the purpose of controlling layout--divs
> which have no semantic meaning. This kind of change is at odds with the
> original intention of the prog templates.

I'm still AWOL really and I'm neutral about most of this question -
anything is better than taming the jumble of html that was there
before - but here's my stupid question: why would non-semantic divs be
needed for controlling layout?  Can we add semantic divs and use those
to create the layouts instead?

Regards,
Somerset, England. Work/Laborejo: http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
IRC/Jabber/SIP: on request/peteble