koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Move away from Savannah/CVS

From: Kyle Hall
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Move away from Savannah/CVS
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 12:48:44 -0400

No problem, MJ.

For the rest of the developers, maybe we should schedule an irc meeting about this issue. It seems to be quite a hot topic ; )

Kyle

On 3/16/07, MJ Ray <address@hidden> wrote:
"Kyle Hall" < address@hidden> wrote:
> Do you trust O'Reilly <http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/au/1438>?

Enough for this.  Thanks for the link.  So, one of subversion's
managers was the author of anon-cvs, if I understand that right.

> On another
> note, who cares? This is not germane to the topic at hand. It was just a
> passing comment.

If it's off-topic, don't mention it.  OTOH, I think it was relevant,
suggesting that subversion was made by experienced gurus.  Maybe, but
no more than many: svn devels didn't seem to understand Tom Lord's
explanations (he's good on version control design, but maybe not so
good on user interaction), I've seen horribly-wedged svn servers and
IIRC svn's early mv command was basically an rm and an add, which was
no better than cvs.

> I think you need to relax a little ; )

Don't rely on detecting emotional states from the words people use -
it varies massively from place to place.  Instead, rely on what they
write.  In other words: I'm quite relaxed.  Thanks for your concern.

Regards,
Webmaster/web developer, statistician, sysadmin, online shop maker,
developer of koha, debian, gobo, gnustep, various mail and web s/w.
Workers co-op @ Weston-super-Mare, Somerset http://www.ttllp.co.uk/

--
IT Tech
Crawford County Federated Library System