koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Re: distributed VCS, some thoughts.

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Re: distributed VCS, some thoughts.
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 09:31:09 +0000

Paul POULAIN <address@hidden> wrote:
> I explain : unless i'm mistaken, it means :
> - kados is the RM
> - paul & chris are working on some feature
> - paul "commit" the feature to kados repository, who will accept it (or
> how is he warned that I made something ?)
> - chris update his copy from kados one.

Not necessarily.  If kados permits it (this is a RM policy decision, I
think), then you can accept your own commit into his release branch.

As to how he's warned, that's the same sort of question as now: how is
he warned about your CVS commits?  CVS status screens, commit mails...

> iiuc, a D-VCS is in fact a RM-VCS to my mind. Thus the question : do we
> have a RM that can afford that task/responsability ?

Paul probably knows more than most current developers: how much would
it cost?  From IRC, I think people see a more active review as a good
idea, but we don't know whether we have enough resources.

Regards,
Webmaster/web developer, statistician, sysadmin, online shop maker,
developer of koha, debian, gobo, gnustep, various mail and web s/w.
Workers co-op @ Weston-super-Mare, Somerset http://www.ttllp.co.uk/