koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Re: distributed VCS, some thoughts.

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Re: distributed VCS, some thoughts.
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 17:07:18 +0000

"Kyle Hall" <address@hidden> wrote:
> [...] this means that I have to have my work pc publicly available. I
> assume that git has a certain port it works on. Is that correct?

The other email gives details about the git server ways, but you can
mirror your git repository to an http site or whatever you can get
access to.  Alternatively, there are git commands which bundle your
changes up into an email.  If you can publish web space or send email,
you can share your changes in some way.  It's at least as possible as
CVS or SVN.  Maybe more so.

Hope that helps,
Webmaster/web developer, statistician, sysadmin, online shop maker,
developer of koha, debian, gobo, gnustep, various mail and web s/w.
Workers co-op @ Weston-super-Mare, Somerset http://www.ttllp.co.uk/