koha-devel

[Koha-devel] code cleaning in head

From: Paul POULAIN
Subject: [Koha-devel] code cleaning in head
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 15:24:51 +0200

Hello,
I've commited some code cleaning on head.
It's all about cataloguing. My goal is to :
- respect all naming conventions
- remove all unused stuff
- get a single entry point for catalogue handling. It will be a MARC::Record. I've removed MARC=OFF scripts, as they are probably completly broken. If someone want to reintroduce them, he can, but pls use AddBiblio/AddItem/ModBiblio/ModItem subs to manage them. They require a MARC::Record as entry point. Fortunatly, you can use TranformKohaToMarc sub to transform a Koha-style hash into a nice MARC::Record and then call the proper API. I did this in acquisition, to create items on order recieve.

I have some internal cleaning to do (to remove some remaining MARCxxx subs), I'll work on that immediatly.

Here is the detail of what I've commited :
== Biblio.pm cleaning (useless) ==
* some sub declaration dropped (the sub don't exist anymore)
* removed modbiblio sub (useless)
* removed moditem sub (useless)
* removed newitems. It was used only in finishrecieve. Replaced by a Koha2Marc+AddItem, that is better.
* removed MARCkoha2marcItem (useless)
* removed MARCdelsubfield declaration (sub does not exist anymore)
* removed MARCkoha2marcBiblio (useless)

== Biblio.pm cleaning (naming conventions) ==
* MARCgettagslib renamed to GetMarcStructure, more convenient
* MARCgetitems renamed to GetMarcItem
* MARCfind_frameworkcode renamed to GetFrameworkCode
* MARCmarc2koha renamed to TransformMarcToKoha
* MARChtml2marc renamed to TransformHtmlToMarc
* MARChtml2xml renamed to TranformeHtmlToXml
* zebraop renamed to ModZebra

== MARC=OFF ==
* removing MARC=OFF related scripts (in cataloguing directory)
* removed checkitems (function related to MARC=off feature, that is completly broken in head. If someone want to reintroduce it, hard work coming...) * removed getitemsbybiblioitem (used only by MARC=OFF scripts, that is removed as well)

--
Paul POULAIN et Henri Damien LAURENT
Consultants indépendants