koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] items table

From: Paul POULAIN
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] items table
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 15:33:30 +0200

Henri-Damien LAURENT a écrit :
Hi, I am investigating in items table to see which data are used, useful
<...>
wthdrawn is used in Circulation.pm to cancel an issue if set.
renewals is used and updated in Circulation.pm. Maybe it could get into
issues table.
paidfor is used in FixAccountForLostAndReturned but usage is rather cryptic
restricted (I cannot tell the difference with notforloan ?)
itype ???

Those fields I propose to drop :
binding (unknown use)
onloan,issue_date are Already in issues + unknown use.
issues (can be calculated from issues table)

no, no, pls don't drot this one : calculating issues is costly, and it's an information that is redundant, we agree, but we must keep it here.

price,replacementprice (used in Overdues only for
selection),replacementpricedate,booksellerid are account values which
seem never to be used.

mmm... replacementprice is sometimes mapped to a marc field, and the libraries fills it. However, I agree it appears nowhere atm. But I think it would be better to add this field on detail.pl (to show to the user that, if he looses the book, it will cost XXX -for the user or at least for the library-)

nothing to add about binding, onloan, issue_date, price.
--
Paul POULAIN et Henri Damien LAURENT
Consultants indépendants en logiciels libres et bibliothéconomie (http://www.koha-fr.org)