koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] do we really want postgres support NOW ?

From: Joe Atzberger
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] do we really want postgres support NOW ?
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 10:31:03 -0500

Is there truly such a big interest in PostgreSQL over MySQL compared to Zebra over MySQL?

Zebra is run "along side" your database to generate and maintain indexing.

Broadly speaking, I agree with Paul and Chris that "full support" for postgress (backed by robust testing) is unlikely to be available in 3.0, out of the box.

--Joe Atzberger
Systems Administrator, LibLime