koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] do we really want postgres support NOW ?

From: José Miguel Parrella Romero
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] do we really want postgres support NOW ?
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 09:14:44 -0400

El 14/11/07 05:48, Paul POULAIN escribió:
> We are a few days before a beta release of Koha 3.0
> chris N. adds a lot of feature to support postgresSQL. which is
> undoubtfully a good feature.
>
> But do we want it now ?

Supporting PostgreSQL now seems very important right now. While Koha 3.0
introduces great new features, I think most libraries and interested
people are doing well with 2.2 ATM, so maybe 3.0 can be delayed a little
while in order to release it with Pg support, which will be a big
breakthrough, I think.

Just two cents,
Jose