koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] items.ccode or items.itype ?

From: Ryan Higgins
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] items.ccode or items.itype ?
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 23:40:35 -0500

Yes, sorry for the flip-flop.  I had seen that `itype` was removed from items table in
updatedatabase, so reinterpreted 'ccode' as 'circ code'.  As it turns out, we really need
to have two means of classification at the item level, and itype was still defined in the framework.
So items.itype is intended to be mapped to itemtypes.
biblioitems.itemtype still exists, because completely moving itemtype
to the item level seemed to likely to introduce bugs.   With the system preference
'item-level_itypes' ON, biblioitems.itemtype has a couple of display functions, and should
be set.  A plugin should populate items.itype from biblioitems.itemtype, giving a 'default'
value.

items.ccode is intended as 'Collection Code', linked to an authorised_value.

Ryan Higgins
LibLime